- Anti Coagulation Monitoring with 'instant' result. No need to wait for the lab result.
- Baby 8 week check
- Cervical Screening
- Child Health Surveillance
- Disease Management including Diabetes, Asthma, Heart, Hypertension and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Family Planning
The community midwife is based in our practice building and has regular clinics to book patients for care and to perform regular antenatal care. We recommend that you book with the midwife as early as possible in your pregnancy. She will check your bloods and arrange your scans which usually take place at 12 and 20 weeks of pregnancy. Telephone our reception on 01287 650430 to make an appointment with the midwife.
We strongly advise immunisation for all children. If in doubt, please ask your health visitor or doctor about this. Also, see Immunisations for further information.
We support the local cervical smear screening programme and recommend that all women between the ages of 25 to 65 attend for screening. This test can be performed by our practice nurse, or at a local family planning clinic.
What is cervical screening?
Patients who find it difficult to get an appointment at the practice because of work, appointments are available out of hours at STAR or a family planning clinic.
The Aims of the Nurse Practitioner Service are:
- To provide a “same day” appointment.
- More choice for patient’s thus increasing patient satisfaction.
- Ensures patients receive appropriate access to treatment.
- Our nurse practitioners are able to diagnose and prescribe.
Our Practice Nurses are available by appointment for the following:
- Minor injuries and dressings
- Contraceptive advice and pill checks
- Cervical smears
- Smoking cessation advice. Our nurses can help and support you.
- Chronic conditions. Our nurses offer monitoring checks and advice for a variety of chronic conditions including diabetes, asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and heart disease.
Our Healthcare Assistants provide the following:
- Blood tests, Blood Pressure monitoring, Electrocardiograms (ECGs), dressings and basic health checks as well as providing support for the practice nurses and doctors as required.
- Administer and offer various injections and can also offer support with smoking cessation and weight management.
We are a Veteran Friendly Accredited GP Practice. This means we have a dedicated Clinician who has a specialist knowledge of service related health conditions and veteran specific health services. This is important in helping Veterans to get the best care and treatment.
If you currently smoke and would like help to stop then please contact Stop Smoking South Tees for further information.